Bassinets are one of the first pieces of furniture that parents buy for their newborns. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but all have one common goal – to provide a comfortable place for a baby to sleep. Some bassinets are more popular than others, and there are a few key features parents should look for when purchasing one. Finding the best bassinet for your little one can feel daunting with all the different brands and options on the market these days, but with a little research, it doesn’t have to be. In order to help you make an informed decision, we compiled a list of the Best non-toxic bassinets in 2022. From well-known brands like Halo to lesser-known but equally reputable companies like Baby Bjorn, this list has something for everyone.
What are Non-Toxic Organic Bassinets?
Organic bassinets have been made with organic materials, this means that the materials used to create the bassinet have been grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, or any other type of toxic chemicals.
Types of Non-toxic Bassinets
There are a few different types of organic bassinets on the market ;
- The first is an organic cotton bassinet. These are typically made of all-natural materials and are good for the environment. They are also non-toxic, which is important for newborns.
- Organic wicker bassinets are another option. They are made of renewable materials and are biodegradable. They are also very sturdy and can last for many years.
- Finally, there are organic mesh bassinets. These are the most breathable options and are good for babies who have trouble sleeping.
Benefits of Using Organic Bassinets
There are a few benefits to opting for an organic bassinet. First and foremost, organic bassinets are better for your baby’s health. The materials used to make them have not been treated with any harmful chemicals, so your baby is less likely to be exposed to them. Additionally, organic bassinets are often more comfortable and soft than traditional bassinets.
Impact of Using Non-Toxic Bassinets on the Environment
- There are a variety of different types of Bassinets in the market. You can purchase a Bassinet made of cloth, metal, plastic, or wicker. They also come in a variety of shapes and sizes. It is important to purchase a Bassinet that is non-toxic and organic because it will have a positive impact on the environment.
- The manufacturing process of most Bassinets involves the use of toxic materials, which end up in landfills after the product has been used and disposed of. By using a Bassinet that is organic and non-toxic, you can help reduce environmental pollution.
- The second impact is that babies and their parents are more healthy. Toxins are harmful to their health. When a non-toxic bassinet is used along with other non-toxic mattresses and organic sheets, there is no harmful impact on their health.
Our Top Picks for Best Non-Toxic Bassinets
We’ve curated a list of the best non-toxic bassinets to help you find the perfect one for your baby.
1–HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper
In non-toxic choices for bassinets, we especially like to include the Halo Bassinet. This bassinet makes it easier for new moms to take care of their babies at night. The bassinet rotates around and comes up to the side of your bed, so you don’t need to lift anything heavy to check your baby or just see how your baby is sleeping. It includes mesh sidewalls to keep air circulating and adjustable height options and drop-down side walls for easy access.
It’s also certified by JPMA, and award-winning too! HALO makes non-toxic baby products, but unfortunately, their bassinet mattress contains polyurethane foam.
- Best for mothers.
- Includes 2 storage pockets.
- Allow 360-degree swivel.
- Includes vibration and sound features.
- Breathable mesh sides for easy airflow.
- Compact design and convenient to use.
Why Choose the HALO Bassinet Swivel Sleeper?
There are a lot of benefits to using the HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper.
- It is a great way to keep your baby safe and comfortable while sleeping.
- The swivel feature makes it easy for parents to access their baby, and the inclined sleeper helps to keep their airways open.
- The sleeper also has a built-in vibrating bassinet.
2–Snuggle Nest Portable Organic Bassinet/Snuggler
The Snuggle Nest is a portable bassinet that cozies into any bed for easy use by parents and their new little ones. It’s simply a breathable mesh sleeping bag with two sturdy walls meant to keep the baby safe and secure while not blocking airflow. However, it also doubles as a diaper changing station with its waterproof washable foam padding. Comes in five colors and folds up easily to serve as your everyday bag when you travel.
- Made up of 100 organic and non-toxic GOTS certified cotton fabrics.
- Waterproof mattress.
- Breathable sidewalls.
- Sheet and covers are easily washable.
- It can be easily moved from one place to another place, i.e. it is highly portable.
Why Choose the Snuggle Nest Portable Organic Bassinet?
There are a ton of different bassinets on the market these days. So, why should you choose a Snuggle Nest Portable Organic Bassinet?
- For one, this bassinet is extremely safe. It’s made with all-natural and organic materials, and it has a slew of safety features that make it perfect for use with newborns.
- It’s also incredibly comfortable. The soft, organic cotton fabric and gentle vibrations will soothe your baby to sleep. This is important because it means that there are no harmful chemicals that can leach into your baby’s environment.
- The soft, plush fabrics and the snug fit will make your baby feel safe and secure.
- And finally, they are portable. This means that you can take them with you wherever you go, which is perfect for when you need to travel.
The BabyBjorn Cradle is yet another thing worth dropping the extra cash on. This baby bassinet has unbeatable non-toxic fabric used in its making that makes it not only safe but also very comfortable.
This bassinet has a sturdy base, and a lightweight design and can be adjusted to multiple heights, so you don’t have to get off the bed to look in on your newborn. The breathable mesh sides allow air and sunlight so that your baby is kept healthy and happy. Likewise, it is made of polyester fabric, making it non-natural, but completely safe for your child.
- Gently rock the baby to sleep with its relaxed motions.
- Certified by JPMA.
- Easily portable.
- For airflow, it has breathable mesh sides.
- Certified as free of toxic materials.
Why Choose the BabyBjorn Cradle?
- The BabyBjorn Cradle is perfect for newborns as it gently rocks them to sleep.
- It is also perfect for soothing and calming babies.
- The cradle helps to give parents peace of mind, as they can see and touch their baby at all times.
4–Delta Children Deluxe Sweet Bedside Bassinet/Crib with Sound and Light
Looking for a safe and affordable bassinet for your newborn? Look no further than the Delta Children Deluxe Sweet Bedside Bassinet/Crib. This bassinet is perfect if you are looking for something non-toxic. Its design makes it quite different from the usual non-toxic bassinets.
Moreover, it meets all the safety standards set by CPSC and ASTM, so you can rest assured that it is safe for your newborn. Its mattress is, however, made with polyester fabric, but do not worry as it is safe for your baby.
- The canopy is removable and adjustable.
- Have large storage space,
- Comes with features like calming sound (music) and nightlight.
- JPMA certified.
- Meets all the safety standards.
- Its pad is water-resistant.
Why Choose the Delta Children Deluxe Sweet Bedside Bassinet/Crib with Sound and Light?
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should choose the Venice Child Bedside Bassinet:
- It is great for sleeping – bedtime.
- It comes with lockable wheels for portability.
5–Arm’s Reach Cambria Wooden Non-Toxic Bassinet
This co-sleeper from Arm’s Reach is perfect for your child because it is made from all organic, non-toxic sources. It even comes with an adjustable height setting, so you can always fit this co-sleeper next to your bed no matter how tall the bed is.
The storage space at the bottom of the co-sleeper cot is an excellent design feature. The large storage area can conveniently hold anything from diapers or wipes to extra sheets, towels o,r clothing.
- Includes a sturdy frame that is made of wood.
- Has plenty of storage space for keeping baby essentials.
- Breathable mesh sidewalls for visibility and airflow.
- Comes with dual modes: freestanding bassinet and bedside sleeper.
Why Choose Arm’s Reach Cambria Wooden Non-Toxic Bassinet?
- Arm’s Reach Cambria Wooden Non-Toxic Bassinet is designed with your baby’s safety and comfort in mind.
- The bassinet features a patented sidewall that lowers, so you can easily access your baby, and it also has a built-in nightlight for late-night feedings.
- Additionally, the Cambria is made of natural wood with a non-toxic finish, which means your baby can sleep soundly and safely.
Features to Look for When Buying an Organic Bassinet
It’s important to do your research before you buy a bassinet.
Here are some things to look for when buying a non-toxic bassinet:
- The bassinet should be made of natural materials like wood or wicker.
- It should be free of harmful chemicals like flame retardants and PVC.
- The mattress should be organic and free of toxic elements. Some chemicals to avoid are; BPA/BPS, formaldehyde, allergens, chemical flame retardants, VOCs, and polyurethane foam for the mattress.
- The bassinet should be certified by third-party organizations.
- It should be sturdy and stable enough.
- A good bassinet should be portable, so you can move it easily.
- The bassinet must have a gentle motion intensity.
- When it comes to bassinets, your baby should be visible to you, not because you want to admire their cute little faces but simply to monitor your baby’s breathing as well as their comfort and air can flow easily through it.
Is the Halo Bassinet non-toxic?
The Halo Bassinet is advertised as a non-toxic bassinet. It is made of polyester and is PVC-free. However, it does include some toxic materials.
Which organic bassinet is the safest?
There are a few things to consider when trying to find the safest organic bassinet for your child. The first is the material the bassinet is made from. Make sure that it is certified organic, and that no harmful chemicals or dyes have been used in the manufacturing process. while looking for a non-toxic bassinet you should also look for other things which are made organically like organic mattresses and organic sheets The next thing to look for is the construction of the bassinet. It should be well-made and sturdy, with no sharp edges that could injure your child. Finally, check to see if the bassinet comes with a safety certification.
Are arms reached bassinets non-toxic?
There is no definitive answer to this question. While some people believe that all arms that reach bassinets are organic, this is not actually the case. There are a number of different materials that can be used to make an arm-reach bassinet, some of which may be organic and some of which may not be. It is important to read the product description carefully before making a purchase in order to determine whether the bassinet is organic or not.
We hope that you have enjoyed this blog post on some of the best bassinets that are non-toxic on the market. We know that it can be a challenge to find the perfect bassinet for your baby, but we are sure that if you read our article, you will be able to find the perfect one for you and your baby.