How to get your newborn to sleep in a bassinet is a major issue encountered by many parents. All parents want to keep their baby safe, as the child is in the womb. For this purpose, they do a lot of shopping, especially for the comfort of the baby even parents with twins look for bassinets for twins. For this purpose, they want to buy the best things for their comfortable sleep, and going for a comfortable baby bassinet is the best option for their child’s safety and comfort.
A baby bassinet is actually a small bed for your baby, which can be tall or small, and protects your baby. Its frame can be of metal, plastic, or wood. If you want to give your newborn a better environment to sleep then a baby bassinet is the best option you can choose for your baby.
This blog will help you to answer how to get your newborn to sleep in a bassinet is a major issue encountered by many parents. So, continue reading.
If you are looking for the best bassinet for reflux then click here
Importance of quality sleep for baby
Sleep is very important for the immune system at any age but as children have weak and developing immune systems, sleep is important for their immune system as well as for their growth and brain development. So, the comfortable and luxurious bassinet is an important factor behind peaceful sleeping. And when the word comfort bedding comes to a newborn baby bassinet is the best option.
After deciding to take a bassinet for their newborn baby, parents should also be concerned about safe bassinet sheets. Many parents have complained that their newborn babies won’t sleep in a bassinet and ask how to get their newborn to sleep in a bassinet is the major issue encountered by many parents. In this article, we will discuss some important tips on how to get newborns to sleep in a bassinet
How much weight do bassinets hold? Click here to find the answers
Reasons why a baby isn’t sleeping in the bassinet
- If your baby won’t sleep in a bassinet then there must be some causes behind this. The reasons are as follows.
- When your baby needs feeding, at that time the baby will become restless and don’t want to sleep in the bassinet and just want to refill the stomach. So you need to feed the baby.
- Dirty Diaper
- It’s hard for babies to sleep while they have a dirty diaper, so before keeping your baby in a bassinet for sleeping, first, make sure that the baby’s diaper is not dirty.
- Gastric Problem
- Like, a dirty diaper child is unable to sleep when a gastric problem occurs. When a baby wants to burp or pass gas.
- Extreme Temperature
- Make sure that baby is not sweating and shivering, it’s best for the baby to keep room temperature between 20-22 degree Celsius.
Want to know the weight limit for bassinet? Click here
Tips on how to get your newborn to sleep in a bassinet
- Try to make the baby bassinets similar to the environment where a baby lives for the last few months. If you keep the baby in the bassinet which is totally different from the previous then it might be difficult for you. So keep the baby bassinet comfortable. Follow these recommendations.
- Keep the room dark: Babies are in a dark environment, so for their comfort keep them in a dark room. Blackout curtains or any blinds will help you to keep the room dark or if you have any other idea to keep the room dark, apply that in your newborn baby’s room.
- Sounds: If you want to give your baby a peaceful and similar environment in the womb. try to find a device that appeals to you and your baby, which is filled with water noises and muffled heartbeats and voices from the outside.
- Wrap up your baby :Wrapping a baby can make them feel that they are more secure so try to swaddle them. If a baby finds them in an open space this feeling can disturb their sleep.
- Positioning: If your baby has gastric problems, then keep them in bassinets soon after feeding, then your baby won’t sleep in a bassinet. Keep them awake after feeding for 15-20 minutes.
- Bassinet sleeping: Try to make your baby habitual of making sleep in the bassinet. When a baby is not in proper sleep, place the baby in the bassinet and pat it until they sleep properly.
- Massage Researchers found that rubbing your baby can help them in developing the nervous system and digestion, and your baby will fall asleep easily.
To know about more detailed bassinets limitation click here limitations of bassinet.
Best baby bassinets
- Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper
- Ingenuity Dream & Grow Bedside Baby Bassinet 2-Mode Crib
- Delta Children Rocking Bedside Bassinet
- Dream On Me, Traveler Portable Bassinet, Twinkle Grey
- Dream On Me Lacy Portable 2-in-1 Bassinet, Pink/White
Now lets discuss these best baby bassinets one by one
Baby Delight Beside Me Doze Deluxe Baby Bassinet
- Colour of Product Pebble Grey
- Brand Name Baby Delight
- Dimension of item 33.5 x 20 x 33 inches
- Material used Mesh
- Maximum weight 20 Pounds
- High visibility from the mesh walls
- Height adjustment at 6 points.
- Airflow and breathability because of mesh walls.
- Very simple and easy to use.
- Easy to setup without any tools
- No storage
- Wold’nt work with a higher bed set-up.
This bassinet is perfect for your baby, because of its safety for your little ones and peace of mind for parents. Durable, versatile and easy to use. Both ideal for you and your baby.
Ingenuity Dream & Grow Bedside Baby Bassinet 2-Mode Crib
- Dimensions 27*35.25* 34.25 inch
- Material used Mesh
- Battery required 3AA battery required
- Item weight 12.97 pounds
- Composed material 50% metal 50% fabric
- Breathable mesh sides
- Soothing sounds for lulling the baby to fall asleep.
- Four lockable wheels for moving room to room.
- Storage pockets for keeping the necessities
- Includes washable mattress sheets
- Lean from one side to another if the baby is on one side.
It keeps your baby close and safe. And height adjustment according to the height of mom and dad’s bed. It is best for you to keep your baby close.
Delta Rocking Bedside Bassinet for Children
- Colour of product Bassinet
- Visibility of hardware Hidden
- Finish Natural
- Batteries Yes
- Weight of item 16.5 pounds
- Electronic module features, that include music, vibration and soft nightlight
- With a gentle push it has rocking base sway back and fort
- Machine washable 1’’ mattress with option to remove.
- Difficult to assemble.
- It Requires four AA batteries
It is the best and most durable bassinet, It has natural colours. It keeps your baby close to the parents, and the baby can easily see through it.
Dream On Me, Traveler Portable Bassinet, Twinkle Grey
- Colour of Product Twinkle Grey
- Dimensions of item 37*22*27 inch
- Material Used Fabric
- Brand name Dream on me
- Finish Pine
- Stylish and Convenient bassinet
- Easy to assemble
- It has little transport bag
- No batteries required.
- Not adjustable
It’s the best bassinet for couples who move around. Its quick-fold mechanism allows you to fold it compactly. Bassinet is made of polyester foam fabric, which is super soft.
Want to know the snoo weight limit? Click here
Dream On Me Lacy Portable 2-in-1 Bassinet, Pink/White
- Colour of product Pink/White
- Dimensions 34*18*41.5 inch
- Material Used Metal
- Brand Dream on me
- Finish White
- Thick mattress pad recommended by ASTM/CPSC
- Very sturdy, mobile, mosquito net
- Have storage
- Lightweight and easy to move.
- No music
This product is very convenient, and beautiful and you can always keep it close where you go. The Lacy is the ideal bassinet for a newborn baby.
The above article gives you the best possible answer to your question that how to get a newborn to sleep in a bassinet or how to get a newborn to sleep in a bassinet. Furthermore, it also gives the reasons why your baby won’t want to sleep in bassinet and tips to solve all the problems. I hope after reading this article you can easily cope with the reason behind your baby not sleeping in bassinet. We also guide you to some very unique, comfortable and durable bassinets for your baby.
How do you get a newborn to sleep in a bassinet?
Make sure that it’s time to sleep for a baby, and for the first time don’t put your baby in the bassinet for the whole night. First, make the baby habitual of the bassinet by keeping the baby in the bassinet for a nap. Swaddle the baby in the proper manner and be an observer.
What should I do if my baby sleeps only when held?
- Try these tricks if your baby only sleeps when held.
- Put your baby down when drowsy.
- Keep a hand on the baby after keeping in the bassinet/carrier.
- Keep baby bed warm.
- Use white noise / music.
9/9/22 product and prices are updated