Play mats are a great way to keep your baby entertained and happy. They provide a separate and new open space for babies to have fun. They are also a great place for babies to learn. Moreover, they are as important as bassinets, cribs, and other baby accessories. Play mats come in all shapes and sizes. They can also be made of many different materials, such as organic materials like cotton, wool, and fleece. A non toxic play mat is something every parent should invest in to secure their babies.
Play mats have been around for decades but have only recently gained popularity among parents. The main reason is because of the benefits they provide to both the child and the parent. The use of baby play mats is on the rise these days. The baby play mat should be soft, durable, and easy to clean. It should also have a variety of textures for babies to explore.
What is non toxic play mat?
Non-toxic play mats are made of high-quality, organic materials. They are also eco-friendly and safe for babies. These mats have a variety of features such as waterproof and machine washable, they are easy to clean, and they have a soft texture that is comfortable for babies to lay on. This mat is perfect for those who want their child to have a safe place to play or sleep on the floor. It is also perfect for those who want their child to be surrounded by natural materials and not be exposed to harmful chemicals found in other products such as vinyl or plastic.
Types of non toxic play mats
Non-toxic play mats are made from materials that are safe for children. They also offer a lot of benefits to parents and kids. Non-toxic play mats are made from a variety of materials, but they all have one thing in common: they are safe for children. There are many benefits to using non-toxic play mats as well, such as:
- Organic Play Mats: Organic play mats can be made out of natural materials like cotton or wool, which is good for your baby’s health and the environment.
- Breathable Play Mats: Breathable play mats allow airflow through the mat so that your child’s skin is not restricted while they’re playing on it.
- Easy Cleaning Play Mats: Non-toxic play mats can be easily cleaned with soap and water which makes them much more convenient than traditional carpet or rug-type play mats.
Best Non-Toxic Play Mats
- Toddleroo by North States Folding ABC Play Mat
- Foldable Baby Play Mat for Crawling
- Dream On Me Play Time Reversible Baby Play mat
- Sorbus Baby Play Mat
- ALZIP MAT Dust Zero Baby Play Mat
Toddleroo by North States Folding ABC Play Mat
- Product Dimensions 71 x 0.5 x 71 inches
- Target Gender Unisex
- Material Type PE
- Style ABC Mat
- Batteries Required No
- Weight 2.75 Pounds
- This is a non toxic play mat because it provides a fun play area indoors and outdoors as well. It is 71”x71”.
- This product is hypoallergenic and non toxic. Everything is made of PE, not PVC.
- These eco friendly play mats are flame retardant free.
- It has an adorable design of Alphabets all over. It is covered with cute and colorful ABCs and also animal drawings.
- This organic play mat has a soft cushion and it folds down to 18” x 23”. Moreover, its weight is under 3 pounds.
- One of the best non toxic mat is portable and can easily be carried anywhere.
- The mat quality is not that great as reported by some parents.
This is one of the good play mats for babies because it’s portable and provides sufficient space to play.
Foldable Baby Play Mat for Crawling
- Brand UANLAUO
- Color 71*79*0.6 inch Fox
- Material Wood
- Item Weight 4.4 Pounds
- Item Dimension 71 x 71 inches
- Floor Area 5609 inches
- Age Range Kid
- This non toxic play mat is 100 percent made of cotton.
- This organic mat is non toxic, BPA free and it has zero smell.
- It has an alluring and fun design focusing the most on cute animals and soft nature drawings that overall bring a soothing effect on children.
- Due to these soothing designs, children are attracted to such mats and love to play on them which saves time for parents to complete their pending works.
- This organic play mat has a waterproof surface that makes it easy for parents to clean it without extra effort. This also saves their time.
- Moreover, if you got crumbs etc. on the mat you just have to shake it and it will be a clean surface in a minute.
- These kinds of eco friendly play mats do not have a hard floor which can cause trouble for both parents and kids. It has rather a thick 1.5 cm floor mat where your babies can play for hours without any tension.
- The fabric can also be slippery and difficult for babies to grip onto, which means they may slip off the mat and onto the floor.
This is one of the most loved non toxic play mats because it is waterproof.
Dream On Me Play Time Reversible Baby Play mat
- Product Dimensions 76 x 58 x 1
- Material Type Foam
- Material-Composition non-BPA Material
- Batteries Required No
- Weight 2.55 Pounds
- This organic play mat has a reversible design. It means there are two separate designs on both sides of the mat so your child won’t get bored. You can easily flip when your baby wants to get entertained with some other design.
- The thickness of this non toxic play mat is laudable. In comparison with other mats, this product is superior in thickness. Thickness is an important feature in non toxic play mat because it can guarantee the safety of your babies.
- This play mat has a total of six layers.
- These eco friendly play mats are water resistant which makes them very easy to clean.
- Parents have shown some concerns over its durability.
This organic play mat has been loved by many parents because of its excellent water resistant feature.
Sorbus Baby Play Mat
- Brand Sorbus
- Puzzle Type Lock
- Number of Pieces 9
- Theme Floral
- Dimensions 24.7 x 24.4 x 3.4 inches
- Special feature Oversize tiles
- Material Foam
- This organic play mat has an aesthetic and modern design. It comes with four tiles with borders that you can decorate according to your baby’s mood.
- It also comes with a soft mat cushion made from foam to secure your babies.
- Another amazing thing about these non toxic play mats is that it’s a great tool for learning for your babies. This product focuses on gross motor learning skills, visual sensory growth, hand-eye coordination, etc.
- The best part about these eco friendly mats is that you can be creative and make multiple designs with these tiles. This way, it will never bore your kid and it will be a good activity for you as well.
- This product is quite easy to deal with. Assembling is fun but it depends on the type of parents as well.
- This non toxic play mat is BPA/Lead and toxic free.
- You have to give more attention while assembling.
This organic play mat has one of the best modern designs that is why it is loved greatly by parents.
ALZIP MAT Dust Zero Baby Play Mat
- Package Dimensions 56 x 32.5 x 7.75 inches
- Material Type Foam, Fabric
- Batteries Required No
- Weight 26.2 Pounds
- Material BPA Free
- Colors Urban Milk, Urban Grey
- This organic play mat is made of PE foam. It is eco friendly and non toxic which supplies the perfect safety to your babies.
- This non toxic play mat is waterproof which makes it very easy to clean for parents.
- This product is foldable. Moreover, this is also a single product which also makes it easier to clean and easier to carry wherever you want.
- These eco friendly play mats can get rid of noise from the floors because it has an egg box structure. It is completely free of gaps thus no hassle.
- This organic play mat comes in various sizes. The measurements of these sizes are G (79 X 55) inch, G+ (87 x 55) inch, SG (95 x 55) inch, and XG (110 x 55) inch.
- The cons of ALZIP MAT Dust Zero Baby Play Mat are that it is not very thick, so it is not ideal for babies that are still learning to walk.
- It is also not as large as some other mats on the market.
This is one of the best eco friendly play mats because it is easy to use and clean.
We have reviewed the five best non-toxic play mats for you in this article. We made sure to mention all pros, cons, product details, and reviews as well so it is easier for you to make a comfortable choice. It is important to research before buying a good baby product which is why we have brought this article just for you. Hopefully, it will help you in shopping for the best non toxic play mat for your babies. Happy Shopping!
What is the best non toxic play mat?
Choosing the right play mat for your baby is not an easy task. There are many factors that you need to take into account before making a decision. The best non-toxic play mat is one that is safe for your baby and also comfortable for them to lie on. The materials used in the mat should be of high quality, so they will not be uncomfortable or unsafe to use. You must use organic sheets, mattress, and play mats for your babies to keep them safe.
Why is non toxic mat important?
A play mat is a soft, padded mat that is used to make the floor comfortable for babies to play on. It can be placed on the floor for the baby to crawl or play on, or it can be used as a surface for tummy time. A non-toxic mat is important because it protects your baby from harmful chemicals. Non-toxic mats are made of natural materials like wool and cotton which are not harmful to your baby’s skin and respiratory system. Non-toxic products should be used for babies including non-toxic cribs, crib sheets, mattresses, etc.
What to look for while buying a non-toxic play mat?
A non-toxic play mat is an essential part of a child’s early life. It provides a safe, clean place for the child to crawl around and explore their world. The best non-toxic play mat should be made from natural materials like cotton and wool, it should also be free from harmful chemicals such as phthalates, lead, and PVC.