When a new baby is expected to come home. The place for their sleep is the priority of parents. Bassinets have different sizes, Large bassinets are the most priority of parents. Because babies sleep a lot, so your baby will be spending a lot of time in their sleeping space. And you will need a perfect bassinet for your baby. In addition, keeping your baby safe and comfortable while they’re sleeping is an important consideration with a newborn. So a big bassinet is a better choice for babies in their first few crucial months for sleeping.
What is a bassinet?
A bassinet is specifically designed for newborns and younger babies for comfortable sleep. Although it’s smaller in size than a crib and typically placed next to your bed. It has easy access to your baby throughout the night. Many of the bassinets are mobile so your baby can nap near you during the day.
In this piece, we’re helping you weigh the features of large bassinets and their pros and cons and many other dilemmas that parents seem to struggle with.
To understand the features of best baby bassinets: Click Here
When should you buy a large bassinet for your baby?
Most bassinets can only be used for 6-8 months as per the manufacturer
Parents become very happy when they see their baby grows rapidly, but changing furniture, again and again, can cause some budget issues, so if you have a healthy baby it’s good to escape from changing the baby’s nursery room, buy a large bassinet.
That time you should buy a large bassinet for your baby.
From our deep research on bassinets and after viewing customer reviews the best large bassinet for big babies is Simmons-Kids-Room2Grow-Newborn-Bassinet.
Features of large bassinets, its pros, and cons
- Adjustable height
- Side pockets for storage
- The wheels are built-in and come with breaks
- The changing table is designed for extended use
- Convenient keeps baby close
- Provides 2 options for children of different ages.
- bassinet mode for newborns and sleeper mode for infants.
- Useful for night + naps
- Easily visible from the mesh sides.
- it’s not easy to carry.
Dimensions of average baby vs. large baby
Large-size baby: A baby who weighs more than 4,000 grams would be larger than the average-size baby. But the range for most newborns is between 18 and 22 inches.
Give your babies the best things to experience by buying the non toxic bassinets for them
Average size baby: The average length at birth for a full-term baby is 19 to 20 inches. As per the growth charts by WHO, the average length of female and male babies is mentioned below.
|Age||Male baby||Female baby|
|Birth||19.69 in||19.29 in|
|1 month||21.65 in||21.26 in|
|2 months||23.03 in||22.44 in|
|3 months||24.21 in||23.62 in|
|4 months||25.20 in||24.41 in|
|5 months||25.98 in||25.20 in|
|6 months||26.77 in||25.48 in|
|7 months||27.17 in||26.38 in|
|8 months||27.95 in||27.17 in|
|9 months||28.35 in||27.56 in|
|10 months||28.74 in||28.15 in|
|11 months||29.33 in||28.74 in|
|12 months||29.92 in||29.13 in|
What are the dimensions of a bassinet?
Some bassinets have their dimensions. Before choosing a bassinet, you must pay attention to the size of your baby. A bassinet measures about 30 to 33 inches long by 15 to 18 inches wide which is appropriate for the average size of a baby.
Top Large Bassinets Available Online
- Evolur Stellar BassinetEvolur Stellar Bassinet
- Dream Me Traveler Portable Bassinet
- Regalo My Crib Portable Infant Bassinet
Simmons bassinet is designed with2-in-1 features with bassinet mode for newborns and sleep mode for infants, which can hold up to 15 lbs. or 0-5 month baby and 25 lbs. or 0 to 12 months baby respectively.
- Brand Delta Children
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 35.4 x 24.8 x 26.4 inches
- Material Mesh
- Maximum weight recommendation 15 Pounds, 25 Pounds
- Its frame is stable and has adjustable heights
- It grows with your child as they grow and become taller.
- Its mesh sides allow you to see your baby and provide better air circulation
- Meets all safety standards set by ASTM
- No batteries required
- The sides are high so you have to get out of bed to get baby
This New-born Bassinet to Infant Sleeper by Delta Children is amazing. It’s also super functional. Our products grow with your child and adapt to their height.
Evolur Stellar Bassinet
This bassinet is perfect for giving reassurance to the newly born and breastfeeding your baby during restless nights even without getting out of your bed. Recommended for babies up to 25 lbs. or 6 months of age.
- Brand Evolur
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 35 x 22.25 x 30 inches
- Material Mesh
- Maximum weight recommendation 25 Pounds
- It is lightweight and mobile.
- It has a sturdy strap system (bed-side sleeper which ensures safety easily and secures tightly to your bed frame)
- It has an adjustable height mechanism
- No batteries are required.
- It has no storage packet to keep baby essentials
- you can only sleep on the bedside by lowering the sidewall of the bassinet.
This is the perfect adjustment for any family having newborns. Its safety feature allows it to roll nicely from room to room. The height of the bassinet is easily adjustable, if you want to have it next to your bed you can adjust it. Also, it is very easy to install.
Dream Me Traveler Portable Bassinet
Dream me Travel portable bassinet is one of the best bassinets you can choose for your baby. It is easy to use and is a perfect size. You can take it where you want to go. it is a very reasonable bassinet according to price.
- Brand Dream On Me
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 37 x 22 x 27 inches
- Material Aluminium
- Maximum weight recommendation 25 Pounds
- Easy to assemble.
- It can easily move from one place to another.
- It is sturdy and comfortable.
- The product comes with a padded mattress.
- It is spacious and clean.
- The mattress is too hard.
- It has no mesh sides.
The bassinet has a good height which makes it a recommended bedside sleeper and overall sturdy with a decent mattress. The mattress dimensions are 33.5L x 20W x 1H inches providing enough sleeping space, this is a great bassinet for bigger babies.
Regalo My Crib Portable Infant Bassinet
Regalo My Crib Portable Infant Bassinet has an absolute focus on safety and quality. The child will sleep safe and secure in a stable, sturdy bassinet crib. It is the only bed that you will ever need before your child moves into a normal adult bed.
- Brand Regalo
- Item Dimensions 40.5″L x 21.75″W x 25.5″H
- Maximum Weight Recommendation 18 Kilograms
- Form Factor Sleeper
- A flat surface and inside pad makes it more comfortable.
- It’s not only for sleeping, but it is also perfect for playing.
- Meet all safety standards.
- Sturdy and have a metal frame.
- Easy to assemble.
- Hard cardboard and padding.
This product has been specially designed to keep the baby safe and secure and to meet the baby’s changing needs through all the different stages of growth and development.
A bassinet is commonly used by new parents to keep the baby close and safe during sleep. They also offer convenience, which makes them ideal pieces of nursery furniture. It is important to buy the right-sized bassinet for your baby that meets their needs. It can also help reduce worry as well as be good for your wallet.
How big can a baby be in a bassinet?
The weight range of many baby bassinets can be limited. Some have a low limit which could only get through the first month. If your child is bigger than that, you might consider taking a larger one with a higher weight capacity.
How much weight can a baby bassinet hold?
Bassinets and other bedside sleepers are great for newborns, but they usually come with weight limits. Some are as low as 10 pounds (which might only get you through the first month), though most can hold a 20-pound baby.
What age is a baby too big for a bassinet?
A baby should have outgrown his/her bassinet by six months old. Most bassinets are meant for babies who are up to 35 inches long. If your baby is longer than that, it’s time to start using a crib.