Buying Cribs for your baby to have their own sleeping space and play area until the age of 12- to 16 months old is all fun until the safety concern arises. Cribs are undoubtedly the best type of baby cart, but when the baby starts crawling, they also try to get over to the crib rails. Some try to push that rail and babies try to hold them with their teeth, which is quite dangerous to even read. Parents are worried about that how they can save their babies from getting hurt when they are playing or sleeping in their crib.
Best Crib bumpers are padded baby crib bedding that is designed to protect the baby from bumps, bruises, and falls. Crib bumpers are safe to use as a common nursery item. They are usually made of fabric and can be found in various shapes, sizes, and colors.
As per our experts advice the best crib bumper is BreathableBaby Breathable Mesh Crib Liner-Safari Fun Too , due to its fine quality material and perfect dimension to use on crib for bay’s safety
What are Crib bumpers?
Crib bumpers are fitted at the end of a crib mattress to prevent babies from bumping their heads on the hard, wooden frame. This is done by adding a padded bumper that is typically made out of foam and covered with fabric. The purpose of the best crib bumper pads is to soften any impact in case of the baby bumps into them while sleeping crib. They are usually recommended for children that are under 12 months old, but some parents use them until they can move up to a toddler bed or twin bed with no rails or headboard.
Crib bumpers are fitted at the end of a crib mattress to prevent babies from bumping their heads on the hard, wooden frame.
The first crib bumper was invented in 1969 by Dr. Frederick J. Karch and sold as “The Karch Crib Bumper”.
Material Used in Crib Bumpers
Crib bumpers are fabric or foam pads that attach to the inside of a crib and provide a protective barrier between the crib slats and the baby. They are designed to prevent injuries from contact with the sharp edges of the slats. Crib bumpers are typically lined with cotton, polyester, or polyester-cotton blend fabrics. Crib bumpers play an important part in making you a little worry-free as they cover the hard part of rails and protect your children from getting hurt.
Using the best crib bumper pads depend on the crib rail material, they are usually made of wood, which makes it more dangerous for the baby to play in the crib without crib bumpers. You need to put protective fabric or rail covers to cover that area.
The most popular materials used in crib bumpers are foam, batting, and polyester.
- Foam: Foam is one of the most popular materials used in crib bumpers because it is inexpensive and easy to find. It has a soft texture that provides comfort for infants. However, it doesn’t offer much protection against injury because it can compress easily when an infant bumps into it.
- Batting: Batting is also a popular material used in crib bumpers because it’s soft, comfortable, and durable. It provides more protection than foam but isn’t as comfortable or cheap as polyester.
- Polyester: Polyester is one of the most expensive materials and is not always readily available but it offers great protection against injury due to its firmness.
Types Of Crib Bumpers
Crib slat covers are fabric or plastic pad that is placed on the inside of the crib railings to cushion a baby’s head and prevent injury. Crib bumpers are designed to be soft and not present any type of entanglement hazard. There are many types of crib bumpers that parents can choose from, so it is important to know the different types before making a purchase.
There are three main types of crib bumpers: those made of fabric, those with plastic mesh material, and those with foam filling.
- Fabric crib bumper pads have the advantage of being able to be washed in the washing machine if they get dirty or need to be cleaned.
- Plastic mesh crib slat covers offer protection from SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) by providing airflow between the baby and the mattress while still providing some cushioning for the head.
- Foam-filled crib bumpers provide more padding for babies who have sensitive skin or who might have trouble sleeping on a hard surface like wood or metal.
Best Crib Bumpers Online:
- BreathableBaby Breathable Mesh Crib Liner-Gray
- BreathableBaby Breathable Mesh Crib Liner- Starlight
- BreathableBaby Breathable Mesh Crib Liner-Safari Fun Too
BreathableBaby Breathable Mesh Crib Liner-GRAY
|Product DimensionsBrand||193 x 0.12 x 11 inches BreathableBaby|
|Style||Slatted & Solid-Back Cribs|
|Material||100% Polyester Mesh Exclusive of Decoration|
|Item Weight||0.85 Pounds|
About this item:
Polyester Imported From Breathable Baby, the original, patented breathable mesh liner with millions sold since 2002. Independently tested for safety by a 3rd party CPSC-accepted accredited laboratory.
Are Mesh Crib bumpers safe? Unlike crib bumper pads, our mesh liners keep little limbs safely inside the crib without the risk of restricted airflow. And, also provide a visual shield to help provide a more peaceful night’s sleep.
BreathableBaby Breathable Mesh Crib Liner- Starlight
|Product DimensionsBrand||193″L x 0.12″W x 11″H|
|Material||100% Polyester Mesh Exclusive of Decoration|
About this item
- Helps prevent entrapment: Unlike padded bumpers, our mesh liners keep little limbs safely inside without the risk of restricted airflow. And, also provide a visual shield to help provide a more peaceful night’s sleep. Not to mention, they keep pacifiers inside and within reach!
- Easy to install: Smartly adjusts to fit. Always install the bottom edge 1” (2.54 cm) below the top of the mattress and secure all fastenings. If the liner does not feel taut or is sagging, review the instruction manual, watch the installation video, or contact customer care for help. Or try a Deluxe mesh liner, which has stiffer meshes and fits some crib styles better. you can say that crib bumpers are safe after using them.
BreathableBaby Breathable Mesh Crib Liner – Classic Collection – Safari Fun Too
|Color||Safari Fun Too|
100% Polyester Mesh Exclusive of Decoration
|Item Weight||0.85 Pounds|
|Product Dimensions||193″L x 0.12″W x 11″H|
About this item
Classic mesh with polyester: Constructed from a single-layer of Classic Mesh with A.C.T. Air Channel Technology (3 mm thick) to better stay taut to the sides. Light blocking rating of >85%. Made of 100% polyester mesh exclusive of decoration. 1” (2.54 cm) polyester trim on top and bottom. Contains no harmful chemicals, flame retardants, or formaldehyde.
Easy to install: Smartly adjusts to fit. Always install the bottom edge 1” (2.54 cm) below the top of the mattress and secure all fastenings. If the liner does not feel taut or is sagging, review the instruction manual, watch the installation video, or contact customer care for help. Or try a Deluxe mesh liner, which has stiffer meshes and fits some crib styles better.
If you want to buy one of the best baby crib for your child , then read our article about best baby cribs availble online
How to put a bumper on a crib
If the crib has a stable lower back, the handiest 3 bumpers need to be used; one long bumper within the front and two quick bumpers at the ends. Following are the steps to position the bumper on the crib:
- Place the short panel of the bumper against the rails inside the front of the crib. the role of the bumper so the hook and loop fasteners or feet face outward and the vibrant mesh cloth faces the internal of the crib.
- Pull one case of the bumper out via the nook front slat of the crib, and wrap it across the out-of-doors of the corner slat. cozy the top and backside hook and loop fasteners or ties to the crib. Pull the alternative give up the bumper through the outside of the other corner slat, and comfy the product with the usage of the hook and loop fasteners or ties, absolutely enclosing the front rails within the bumper.
- Place the lengthy panel bumper against the railings of the returned end of the crib. the role is so the fasteners face outward and the vibrant mesh facet faces in. attach the bumper to the first slat next to the nook the front publishes on either facet of the crib the usage of the hooks and loops or ties.
- Pull one stop of the lengthy panel bumper via a slat, and wrap it around the inner of the perimeters of the crib. Weave the bumper across the slats at either end of the crib. Comfort the fasteners to the opposite quit of the crib aspect at the closing slat. Repeat the manner with the opposite quit of the bumper, which needs to now be hooked up inside the crib and match snugly along the slats.
- Tuck the bottom of the bumper between the crib and the bed all the manner across the crib.
Every parent wants to purchase accessories that provide safety to their baby. In this article we have discusses how you can crib bumpers most safely so it can protect the baby when they are in the crib. Crib bumpers are mainly designed for safety purposes. Hope this article cleared your doubts. If you have any suggestions please comment down, we will be happy to listen.
Are plastic crib bumpers durable?
Plastic crib bumpers are more durable than fabric ones but they cannot be washed in a washing machine. Bumper pads have a unique design that is more comfortable for babies than any other type of bumper.
Which type of crib bumpers is more costly?
Usually, crib bumpers are not that expensive but if we compare the prices between fabric types of bumpers then fabric crib bumpers are generally more expensive than plastic ones but they also last longer and provide better protection against bumps and bruises.